Thursday 17 January 2013

New Year New Knits......

New Year new look.....


I can't believe I haven't posted for so long! It's so nice to have this cold weather so we can snuggle up on the sofa with the knitting needles and not feel guilty. Just lately I seem to have been knitted gifts or given away what I've made, however I have made myself some beautiful socks over the Christmas New Year break which has helped me get my mojo back. I've even treated myself to some sock blockers.....



These were a really easy basic 64 stitch top down pattern with a very simple but effective motif. I am really please with the way they have turned out. The yarn is a beautiful hand dyed 100% merino superwash wool in Winter Spice from Piece of Beauty Yarn Store. This was gifted by a fellow knitter purlpower who I met some time back while on the 'knitty' web site some time ago. So a big thank you to purlpower, I'm just sorry its sat in a stash for so long as they are beautiful to wear.











No comments: