Sunday 20 January 2013

Frogging.....

In amongst the stash I found some Panda Cotton Sock yarn from Crystal Palace Yarns, this is 55% bamboo, 24% cotton and 21% elastic nylon. The sweetheart socks where a winner so I've decided to knit myself another pair with this yarn. I've never used this particular yarn before and while it's easy to knit with I was a little disappointed by the amount of joins I encountered while knitting in the first few yards. I had planned to weave these in but instead I decided to frog (rip out) what I'd knitted so far. Originally I was knitting these on 2.5mm (size 2 US) Opal Bamboo needles but these have bent to the shape of my fingers over time so I've restarted them on 2.25mm.The finished result is slightly neater and I'm pleased I decided to restart the project. Needles are a very personal thing ans something I will look at in more detail another time. High on my wish list and what I plan to buy myself in the near future are a pair of Sock Stix from Lantern Moon in either rosewood or ebony.
Sweetheart Socks in Panda Cotton

No comments: